Emergency management works to create a framework that will assist communities in reducing vulnerabilities to hazards and to help those communities cope with disasters.
Emergency management is responsible for maintaining all-hazards planning, exercise, and training with all response agencies and private entities, elected officials as well as other local, state, and federal emergency management departments and agencies. This is accomplished by developing and maintaining coordinating and integrating plans, response, recovery, and mitigation for any incident on a local or regional level.
Some specific responsibilities:
- Severe weather warning notification
- Updating the Fillmore County Emergency Operations Plan
- Severe weather storm spotter training
- Hazard Mitigation planning
- Participating with the Homestead Local Emergency Planning Committee
- Participation in the Southeast Planning, Exercise, and Training group
- Continuity of government and continuity of operations
Fillmore County Alerts
Fillmore County is offering Alert Sense to all residents. Please click the image to the right for more information.